Want More?

You can always find more about Eli Westfall at twitter.com/eliwestfall and

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Captain Sarcastic

Ephesians 4:29 NASB

Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

I have been accused on more than one occasion of being a highly sarcastic person. Spend any time with me and you'll see. Sometimes this bothers me and others it doesn't. It should more than it does. Especially when we think of Matthew 12:34. Ouch!

I was talking to Ronda last night and she said she thinks my sarcasm is much less than it used to be. Which is good. She asked what changed? I said I thought it was after being a sarcastic jerk to one of our boys and making them cry for the 2nd or 3rd time that I began to back off.

We have to be careful how our speech affects others. Are you edifying others with your speech? If not, what's in your heart?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

No comments:

Post a Comment